2018 RAM 2500 TOWING CAPACITY
The 2018 Ram 2500 is a heavy duty truck ready to take on anything. It can can tow more than the Ram 1500 and help you complete tough jobs in Calgary. With three engine options and up to 8,156 kg towing capacity when properly equipped, you’ll be able to find a new Ram 2500 that fits your needs at Standard Jeep Ram.
How Much Can a Ram 2500 Tow?
- The Ram 2500 base engine maximum towing capacity is 6300 kg, and the maximum payload capacity is 1,388 kg.
- With upgrade to the 6.4L engine, the Ram 2500 has Best-In-Class towing at 7,403 kg, and 1,810 kg payload capacity.
- When equipped with the 6.7L diesel engine, the Ram 2500 has a max towing capacity of 18,156 kg, and a payload capacity of 1,433 kg.
Ram 2500 Engine Specs
- Standard: The Ram 2500 comes with a standard 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine with Variable Valve Timing, delivering 383 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- Upgrade: The upgraded engine is a 6.4L HEMI® V8, with best-in-class specs at 410 hp and 429 lb-ft of torque.
- Diesel: Your third option is the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine, which can produce 370 hp and 800 lb-ft of torque.
Ram 2500 Towing Safety Features
- The available Centre High-Mounted Stop Lamp Camera allows for easy trailer hookups with a view of your Ram 2500 cargo area on the touchscreen display.
- Standard Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Trailer Sway Control monitors your trailer to mitigate swaying.
- With the Cummins® Turbo Diesel engine, you can maintain additional control when hauling around Maple Creek with the smart diesel exhaust brake.
- The available Trailer Brake Controller assists with braking and stability by adapting the braking system with relation to the truck.
Take on More with the 2018 Ram 2500
If these towing and payload specs fit your needs, then the Ram 2500 is the ideal pickup truck for you. Reach out to learn how to customize your truck with Ram accessories, and schedule a test drive at Standard Jeep Ram near Lethbridge to experience Ram 2500 performance in person!