If you have a car that’s less than five years old, then it probably features a keyless entry system. This, of course, includes much of the new Dodge vehicle lineup. If you just bought yourself a new or recently pre-owned Dodge vehicle, or simply need to replace your key, then allow the knowledgeable staff at Standard Jeep Ram tell you how to program a Dodge key fob. You may be surprised to find out that the process is actually very simple, and also shouldn’t take you too long to perform, either. Simply continue below and follow our guide to Dodge key fob programming!
A Guide to Dodge Key Fob Programming
There are just five simple steps you must follow to program your Dodge key fob:
- First, step into the driver’s seat of your Dodge vehicle and lock your car with the key fob within ten seconds of getting in.
- What you want to do next is insert the key into the ignition, turn it to the “RUN” position, and, while you’re doing this, press the “UNLOCK” button on your new key fob.
- Next, simply hold down that “UNLOCK” button but also press the “PANIC” button on the key fob as well, and then release both buttons at the same time.
- Lastly, you’ll want to press both the “LOCK” and “UNLOCK” buttons on your key fob at the same time, then release them simultaneously. Once more, press the “UNLOCK” button, and, if you’ve successfully followed these steps, then that should program your key fob with your Dodge vehicle.
- Now, all you need to do is test your key fob to make sure it works. If it does, then that’s wonderful! If not, try these steps once more. In the case that you cannot get the key to program with your car, contact us and perhaps even schedule service so one of our experts can set it up for you.
- Our Medicine Hat dealership is conveniently located near Calgary and Maple Creek.
Get More Automotive Tips from the Experts at Standard Jeep Ram
Again, if you can’t get your key fob connected with your vehicle, feel free to contact our specialists and get further help with your Dodge key fob programming. Our knowledgeable staff can assist you with almost any issue you’re having with your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or Ram vehicle. For more guides like this one, find out how you can take the doors off of a Jeep Wrangler and prepare it for off-roading, and check out this guide on how you can tell if your Dodge needs a new battery.