What is Uconnect®?
When you buy a recent Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or Ram model, whether it’s new or used, it may have come equipped with the high-tech Uconnect® system. But what is Uconnect®, what can it do, and can you turn Uconnect® off? Find out the answers to all of these questions and more with Standard Jeep Ram’s in-depth guide to Uconnect®. Once you’ve discovered all about how this system can assist you in terms of navigation, entertainment, and hands-free calling, you can contact our expert technicians if you have any further questions.
What are the Uconnect® Features?
Drivers in Calgary, Maple Creek, and beyond are treated to a large suite of features in Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram vehicles that are equipped with the Uconnect® system, whether they’re driving inside a 2019 Dodge Journey or a RAM 1500. Some of these features include:
- SiriusXM Guardian™ and Uconnect® Access: These two features allow drivers to connect to their car, truck, or SUV remotely, and allow access to starting the engine, locking/unlocking doors, and even sounding the horn when you’re not even near the vehicle. You can also upload directions from your phone to the Uconnect® system.
- Audio Options: The Uconnect® system also allows for various audio options that can be connected to by up to 10 devices, and includes HD Radio™, Bluetooth® streaming, and SiriusXM™ radio.
- Available 4G Wi-Fi®: This built-in Wi-Fi® system offers drivers with the ability to check emails, browse the internet, and stream music from more than 40 feet away from the vehicle. There is even a trial version of this service so you can test it out before you commit.
- Voice-Command: This allows for drivers to remain hands-free when answering texts, making calls, or choosing music to play — all simply by utilizing voice commands.
- Navigation System: Drivers in Lethbridge who choose the Uconnect® Navigation package with their vehicle are upgraded to 3-D generated maps with turn-by-turn navigation. Other applications can even help update you with weather and traffic information while you drive.
- Entertainment: Some bigger Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or RAM models have extra entertainment options including the Uconnect® Theater, which provides passengers with dual 10-inch touchscreens.
Can You Turn Uconnect® Off?
When your vehicle is on, then your Uconnect® system is up and running, too. However, drivers have the option to turn off or mute various aspects of the system. For one, the touchscreen display can be switched off, and the audio system can be as well. Drivers can also turn off text message alerts by going into the phone settings in Uconnect®. So while the entire system cannot officially be turned off altogether, you can personalize the system to not use any of the features you don’t like or want. For more help with turning off various aspects of the Uconnect® system, contact the specialists at Standard Jeep Ram.
Explore Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram Models with Uconnect® at Standard Jeep Ram
Uconnect® is a truly innovating system that offers drivers an upgrade to their in-vehicle technology and connectivity. If you’re interested in getting a vehicle equipped with the Uconnect® system, then take a look at our new and used vehicle inventories. Also, contact us if you have any questions, and schedule a test drive to see the Uconnect® system in-person.
Latest from Standard Jeep Ram
Loaded with premium features, updated technology, and innovative cargo space, the 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee is designed to get Calgary drivers where they need to be in comfort and style without sacrificing convenience. Between the standard and available features in the Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the genuine Mopar parts and accessories available through the Standard Jeep Ram…
Got a tough job that needs a tough truck? Check out the 2020 RAM 2500 for the towing power you need for hauling work supplies to Maple Creek or hitching up a trailer with everyone’s snowmobiles and towing them from Lethbridge to The Crowsnest Pass. The RAM 2500 is built for years of reliability, ready for…
The 2019 Jeep Cherokee has always been up for an adventure, but with the impressive 2019 Jeep Cherokee towing capacity figures, you can take on a whole new world of opportunities. The 2019 Jeep Cherokee can tow 2,041 kg, earning this powerhouse a best-in-class distinction — so it’s no surprise that Jeep continues to keep…